.......ANITA ......

Two roads diverged in a wood, I took the one less travelled by, That has made all the difference - Robert Frost....

Monday, December 27, 2004

One year of Accepting the offer letter ...Lessons Learnt

For 24th December 2004, it became one year since I accepted the offer letter.
The joy and happiness still remains the same. Many people suggested I make a shift to another environment. But as of now, I do not have the heart and mind to do so. I am happy.
The one year has taught me a lot. Its been a life totally different from college and the protected life I have had so far. The job has made me more confident, responsible but it has not changed my way of spending. I am very weak with finances and always want to buy things what I see.
Anyways, these days the craze has shifted from pens to novels. I felt buying the book was cheaper for me than borrowing from the library.
The one year has caused a series of ups and downs. The offer letter which caused happiness also brought in some amount of sadness, when I was first told that I would be going to Mumbai. That shattered all hopes, but I had luck on my side and then was placed in Bangalore itself. After the initial training, came in the tension of another examination. This time examination to keep the job and equip myself to face the bold and beautiful IT market. That also was crossed with less trouble.
After that came the varities of people whom I met as collegues. I learnt that I should use the word collegues for they are different from friends. The projects and the idea of working with a team, was a different experience. It was fun going out with the team and the bonding which the team members share. It is true, after some time, the team becomes family.
Then came the next project which was handled by just two of us girls. That was one experience I can never forget. The days of receiving praise as well as stinkers. Being hauled for all things irrespective of whether we were involved or not. But that gave a lot of exposure to the international world. The way of talking with the client. How to be diplomatic. This was the best and the biggest lesson learnt.
Then came the opportunity to work with the client place. However that was also the time I saw the cruel face of the IT world, how politics plays a role. It taught be how to be smart and work smart than work hard.
Now onto the fourth project, its a cool place to work though each team has its own advantages and disadvantages.
The best lessons learnt so far,
- never never tell that you do not know anything in this industry.
- be diplomatic
- never trust people easily
- friends are different from collegues
- Work smart and not hard.
- Still HARD WORK PAYS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Myspace Comments
Myspace Comments @ DazzleJunction.com
Posty of The Day from Cards By Mouse) Daily Sudoku Fun
Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com
web statistic