.......ANITA ......

Two roads diverged in a wood, I took the one less travelled by, That has made all the difference - Robert Frost....

Friday, December 17, 2004

Learning to Drive ----

This is a very tiny snap shot of my experiences of learning how to drive...Drive yes. I bought my own car - it’s now 3 months, and I also decided to avail the pleasure of self driving.

I have leant to drive almost 4 years back....and the saying Practice makes a man perfect is very very true. Since I never practiced driving after those driving classes.....I now have to undergo the practice all over again.

Anyways going back to why I need to drive....I bought a cool ALTO LXi- silky silver in color...and with the same number as our faithful old car..... (I mention the color very specifically for a lot of fuss was made for this particular color. This was not in stock and I had to delay the delivery date by a week.....and also the number for this number is one of the luckiest ones....and there is a lot of demand for this number.......our first car being 2525 and this cool Alto 5252....ain't it cool................ :-) ). This is my very first major investment after taking the decision to work and not study further.... :( a small compromise for my dreams....of MS degree.......
Now since I have bought my own car, I felt I had to drive it myself rather than depending on.......(most of the time my dad lands up being my chauffer....which is a bit strenuous for him......... but he gets to drive both the cars now....the old faithful Fiat and this joyous ALTO... )...

My brother drives very well, but he happens to be a very expensive driver. I need to give out a lot of bribe for a small distance also....even if it just means a trip to ATM...and ATM withdrawal 25% goes for his bribe which is becoming a bit expensive for me..... (Poor me.....)

So I re-started the driving lessons with added fun, this time with renewed inspiration and with my dad being a guide now. So we started off.....put on the seat belts and started the ignition. Finally out of the gates onto the road........but my happiness was short lived. The troubles soon started.......The moment I left our house safe compound, and was out on the road......I had to face the big traffic world. I live in a complete residential area with not much traffic and since these driving lessons was on the Sunday afternoon with most neighbors in their Sunday afternoon slumber, it was a bit easy on the road. The only thing I had to face was the little children playing and who had very decided to fly their kites on the same day I start driving :( .So I had to watch out for them, they seemed to have no direction at all....just wanted to keep track of their kites.

I was like.....'Ok now'....I need to start pressure handling and safe driving now. First, avoid hitting the kids, then finally drove down. My dad felt its better for me to go around the rectangular park, so that I can learn turning easily and avoiding kids and people. So I went around the park almost half a dozen times, much to the amusement of a few people who were lazing around ......I did not care much....Hey its my vehicle and I got to learn. I kept this thought firmly in my mind and did not care for their funny stares.

So this was the beginning of the self - driving....
BTW: I already have a license. See learning in a driving school comes with the package of getting a hassle free license. So soon ppl I am gonna start on the main roads.....So watch out.............. :)

Stay tuned for the fun of driving away from the park and onto the main roads............................shortly....................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Myspace Comments
Myspace Comments @ DazzleJunction.com
Posty of The Day from Cards By Mouse) Daily Sudoku Fun
Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com
web statistic