.......ANITA ......

Two roads diverged in a wood, I took the one less travelled by, That has made all the difference - Robert Frost....

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Tribute to Teachers who have been my role models......

Teacher's Day ...... This day brings so much of memories...... the amount of secret planning which went in to surprise our teachers on this day ...... The first time I had to wear a saree during the Std 10 Teacher's Day celebrations....... The amount of preparation which went in for that day .....for the saree type had to be Bengal cotton .... and I had no clue how that would look also...... But the joy was immense...........
Teacher's have been my first steps...... to whatever I am today........
Starting with mummy, who taught me the first syallables..... to SuryaKala Miss...who was the first teacher ....... then Mary Miss at Prep II ....... all of them have a hand in helping me become what I am today........
My favourite teacher has always been the English Teachers at every stage.....from School....Used to just love the way Mrs Ponappa used to teach Shakespeare ....... and also the way she prepared for the teenage stage and the world outside the protected school gates........ the innumerable sessions she held ......... I thank you very much ......
Next was the college ....... Here Mrs Ruth Chandy......again who taught English.......and not to forget the Electronics Teachers .... Usha Maa'm and Uma Maa'm who taught us like their own daughters and who were there at every point ......to share the joy and happiness.........and guided and moulded me to face the world of career.........
Teacher's day is just one day ......but the presence of these teacher's are felt in every step in whatever I am today ....... The inspiring words, the scoldings, the pampering, the praises........ have all helped me gain confidence and support myself in this world.......

By learning you will teach;by teaching you will understand.Latin Proverb

One good teacher in a lifetime may sometimes change a delinquent into a solid citizen --Philip Wylie

A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others. ~Author Unknown

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires. ~William Arthur Ward


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Myspace Comments
Myspace Comments @ DazzleJunction.com
Posty of The Day from Cards By Mouse) Daily Sudoku Fun
Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com
web statistic